sciortino scoop

Monday, September 11, 2006

oh the joys...


...of the video monitor. The video monitor is a wonderful invention. It makes it possible for an over-protective-first-time mom to check that her newborn is breathing every ten minutes in the night. But your feelings toward it change as your son gets older. Now I can put Campbell in his bed for a nap and then glance into the video monitor 20 minutes later thinking I will see him sleeping soundly and have one of those touching mom moments where you think to yourself, "What a little angel! I am such a good mom." Well, not today. Today I walk into our bedroom to glance at him, and instead of a sleeping angel, I find a little boy sitting up playing in his bed with no intention of going to sleep. He doesn't understand that we have a doctor's appointment in an hour and if he doesn't sleep he's going to be...well...a lot of fun. anyway, it's now been 30 mintues, dare I glance into the dreaded video monitor again?


This picture is just an idea of how much energy my son has. Your pity is appreciated. I'm just kidding, we have lots of fun.

4 Comments:

  • Hello! We are so glad that Campbell is feeling better! That picture is adorable. If I can get around to it, I need to send you the picture of Campbell that I took when he was visiting Abigail and Ansley. It's precious...I've even put it on the refrigerator. We hope to see you guys again soon!
    We love you!
    The Johns Gang

    By Blogger Abigail and Ansley, at 12:11 PM  

  • YAY!! I'm so glad you have a blog! I love keeping up with my girls! Campbell is PRECIOUS! Love you!

    By Blogger Becky, at 6:54 PM  

  • Sounds a lot like his daddy : )

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 11:50 PM  

  • I love this photo! So cute!

    By Blogger Kimberlie Reese Denham, at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home