sciortino scoop

Friday, September 22, 2006

good friends, good times

Last week David had a work thing in Atlanta, so since Campbell was feeling much better, we decided to go with him and visit Andy and Bethany. Campbell was a champ on the way there even though we pushed him to go 3 and a half hours without stopping--not something I'd recommend by the way. Anyway, David stayed in Atlanta so he could study and Campbell and I took over the Nix household. They didn't say anything, but I feel sure they were both surprised when we practically moved into their house. We totally took over the place, but they were extremely understanding.
Campbell loved playing with their dog, Callie, a golden doodle (golden retriever/poodle), an excellent dog for children by the way. She was so good with Campbell--just wanted to lick his face off, which he loved by the way. But I think Callie was glad when we finally left. One night when Campbell and I were there by ourselves I was unloading the dishwasher. Callie, like any dog, was licking the dishes, then all of the sudden she got her collar caught on the bottom drawer. It scared her to death and she lept backwards, carrying the bottom drawer full of dishes with her. When I finally caught her and unhooked her, she ran onto their bed and wouldn't let me touch her. She just sat there shacking. I felt so bad for her. Then I remembered that my son was asleep in the other room. Let me just say that he's a champ and never even stirred!
So, all in all, we had a wonderful time in the thriving metropolis that is Gainesville, Georgia. Big thanks to the Nix family for letting us invade them. Here are a few pictures of all of us. One of them is Campbell playing with Callie through the deck door, and the other is us showing off our timer-photography skills before church Sunday morning.

5 Comments:

  • We had a blast with you guys, and definitely did not care that you "took over" our household! Things were awfully quiet when you all left! See you at girls weekend!

    By Blogger Bethany, at 12:17 PM  

  • Cute pics Chris!!!! Glad you got to make the trip to see Beefy and Andy! I miss you!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 11:43 PM  

  • Good to see a photo of Bethany, she looks great. I see she started a blog, yay! One more friend to keep up with.

    By Blogger Kimberlie Reese Denham, at 4:52 AM  

  • Aww yay I'm so glad you guys had a good trip. Those are great pixs. I love the one of all 6 of you!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 5:25 PM  

  • The picture is so great and you all are sitting so still. I can see the concern in Bethany's face of Callie moving. I love it!

    By Blogger AJnChattown, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home