sciortino scoop

Friday, October 06, 2006

Mmm Mmm Good




So my 10 month old now refuses to eat baby food. Apparently he's way too old for that. This is good and bad--baby food is kind of expensive, but now I have to work harder to keep his meals nutritious. I confess that I am not a very healthy eater, and David is even worse, so this makes it difficult to find good stuff for Campbell to eat. Poor David is having to make his sandwiches on whole wheat bread now since that's what Campbell need to eat. But last night we broke down. David wanted bacon and eggs for dinner, and of course, Campbell couldn't eat that. So I searched through the pantry and pulled out a can of spaghetti oh's, yes, I'm sorry Mom, I fed him spaghetti oh's. He actually had a great time with them--so great in fact that we had to take a few pictures of the mess. You see, Campbell is fiercely independent (gee, wonder where he got that?!?) and so he will not allow us to help him, so he was totally covered in tomato sauce from head to toe. Needless to say, he went straight to the bath afterwards--did not pass Go, did not collect $200. All I have to say is, thank goodness for a high chair tray that goes in the dishwasher!

Also, for those of you wondering about David's grandmother--she is doing a little better. She has a long road ahead of her, but she is a fighter, and we're optimistic that we will have MANY more years with her. Here's a picture we took of Campbell and brought it to the hospital to cheer her up. Thanks for the prayers, and keep them coming.

4 Comments:

  • That is the best picture! That boy knows how to really enjoy his food! And I love the giant grin in the last picture!

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:51 PM  

  • Chris Anne I love those pictures! He is soo adorable. I'm glad David's grandmother is doing better. You guys are still in our prayers. I agree with Angie the last picture is great, how could that not cheer anyone up?

    By Blogger Jillina, at 7:50 PM  

  • I love that sweet, messy grin! Yes, I still find it difficult putting meals on the table. Those times of just making sandwiches and ordering pizza are not so frequent these days!

    By Blogger Kimberlie Reese Denham, at 10:12 AM  

  • How adorable. He's got the best smile!! When do babies normally stop eating baby food?

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home