sciortino scoop

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Campbell's trip to Atlanta

Last week our good friends Tim and Holly Bewley invited us to go with them to Atlanta to see a Braves game and then go to the Georgia Aquarium the next day.  We thought this would be a great time to reward Campbell for being such a good big brother, so we  left Andrew with David's parents and headed to Atlanta.  

He liked the Braves game--our tickets were awesome, so he could really see the game.  We did have to walk around a little bit because a 2 year old's attention span is a lot shorter than a baseball game.

Then we went back to the hotel and the boys and Holly swam.  I didn't because I didn't have my suit.  Actually, I didn't have Campbell's suit either, but because he's a boy, he could just swim in his shorts.  But he did say to me later, "Mommy, when we go to Florida, can you bring my swimsuit?"  But the funniest thing is that he was going under the water like a little fish.  He's always so much braver with David than he is with me.  

The night was pretty interesting--Campbell and David slept in one double bed while I got one to myself.  We tried to see if Campbell would fall asleep with the TV on, but no dice.  So it was lights out for everyone at 8:30.  I had a great night's sleep, but David...well, he didn't get quite as much sleep.  hee hee!  :)

The next morning we went to the Georgia Aquarium.  It was really cool.  We saw Beluga whales, sea lions, penguins, whale sharks, hammerhead sharks, and all kinds of other really cool stuff.  The best parent was this tunnel where the fish were swimming all around you.  Campbell had a blast, and David and I did, too.

Thanks, Tim and Holly, for inviting us to go along with you and sharing your awesome tickets with us.  We had a great time.  And I'm pretty sure Andrew had fun being spoiled by MeMe and Papa while we were gone.

6 Comments:

  • How fun!!! ... and what cute pictures!! He is becoming such a big boy!!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 8:41 PM  

  • What a fun trip!

    By Blogger Angie, at 2:17 AM  

  • How fun, we've been wanting to go to the Georgia aquarium for so long now but keep putting it off. I'm glad to hear that it will be worth the wait.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 2:53 PM  

  • I'm so glad you guys got to do that! Looks like a blast. Ty loved that aquarium this summer too! They are such a great age for that! See you tonight!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 5:00 PM  

  • Sounds fun! I love the pics of the aquarium.

    By Blogger Ryan and Michelle, at 9:21 PM  

  • totally off the subject of your post...i hear you are a twilight fan as well.....

    By Blogger AJnChattown, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home