sciortino scoop

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A funny thing happened...

...on the way to pick up Campbell this afternoon.  So, Andrew and I were on our way to pick up Campbell from Summer Play Days (it's like preschool in the summer--love it!!).  I heard him doing a job in the car on the way there, but since we'd been late the day before, I opted not to change him before we went in to get Campbell.  You see, at SPD you have to walk a pretty long way to get to the classrooms because the church is doing lots of construction.  Usually I put Andrew in the stroller because he's pretty heavy, but like I said, I was in a hurry.  As we were standing there talking to Campbell's teacher about why he was in his extra clothes (he sort of went all over his clothes during a potty break--I didn't ask for details) I could smell Andrew's stench.  What a great surprise for me when we get back to the car, I was thinking.  Oh, I just had no idea!  

So when we got back to the car, I laid Andrew down on the seat to change him and noticed he'd had a blow out--a pretty bad one.  Wait a minute, I thought, I've been carrying him for the past 5 minutes.  And then I looked down at my own shirt--yep, that's right, it was on me too!  UGH!   Campbell looked at me and said, "Mommy, did Andrew poo poo on you?"  "Yes, he did,"  I said.  "I didn't poo poo on you, Mommy," said Campbell.  "And I appreciate that, Campbell," I replied.  Well, it takes a few minutes, and every last wipe I had, to clean Andrew up.  And, lucky for me, I was sporting the cool layered look and was able to take off my shirt and just wear my tank top home.  So here we were: me in my white tank top and athletic shorts, Campbell in his $5 outfit from Walmart that I bought just for extra clothes, and Andrew with just his shirt on.  Good thing we didn't have an accident or something on the way home.  And the funny thing is, today isn't really an out-of-the-ordinary day.  As Phil Vaser would say it's "Just Another Day in Paradise."  

I'll leave you with a few fun pictures.  The first is Andrew in his big boy chair.  He loves to sit at the table just like everyone else now.  But he's still a really messy eater.  And the next is Campbell and Taylor playing doctor.  So cute.  We'll allow this for now, but I'm not sure how long Taylor's daddy will let Campbell get away with playing that game.  Hope you all have a good day.  Thanks for checking in on us.

7 Comments:

  • oh fun times!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 5:51 PM  

  • Great story. That's what makes life so exciting!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 7:54 PM  

  • That EXACT same thing happened to my sister this past year... picking up Spencer at pre-school, Coen pooped all over himself and her, and she didn't realize it till they were back at the car! ha! ha! Glad everyone had some clothes to spare!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 8:35 PM  

  • Oh, Motherhood! Isn't it glamourous!!! Thanks for sharing the fun story. It made me feel better about the fact that Ansley dropped a huge load herself in the bathtub tonight with Ty in there also!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 10:25 PM  

  • Thank goodness for the layered look!

    By Blogger Angie, at 1:26 AM  

  • My fav line is when you tell Campbell that you appreciate him not pooping on you! LOL!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 1:42 PM  

  • love the story, what an adventure!

    By Blogger Cristie, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home