sciortino scoop

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Fun on the Fourth

Now that I'm done with the song thing, it's just not much fun thinking up post titles.  Maybe I'll bring it back soon.  But for now, this was all I could come up with.  Does anyone else hate making up titles?  It's like when you send an e-mail and don't know what to put in the subject line.  It's too much pressure.  I think we should just skip titles all together.  Anyone with me?

Ok, so now on to the good stuff: the boys.  First of all, I'd like to say a happy late half birthday to my sweet baby Andrew!  He turned 6 months old on July 3.  He has brought such joy to our family.  David and I were talking last night about how both our boys just complete our family.  When we are all 4 together, something just feels right.  God is so good to us!  

Anyway, as for Andrew's stats, he weighed in at 18 pounds and was 26 or 27 inches long (can't remember right now).  But the big surprise was his percentiles.  Everyone is always telling me what a big boy he is, and I am usually quick to agree.  I mean, look at those cheeks, they've got to weigh a few pounds each, right?  But he is only in the 60th percentile.  That's almost average.  So, I guess he's not as big as I thought he was.  Maybe all his friends are just really small?!?  Sorry I don't have any new picture of him.  The camera is in David's car.

As for the fun on the fourth, we had a great Fourth of July weekend.  We went over to our friends Zach and Mandy Evans' house.  We had a great time playing with all the other kids on Carter and Seth's super cool  play set in the back yard.  And, I have to brag on Andrew for a minute.  He was tired when we got there, so I put him in Seth's bed, just to see if he would fall asleep, and HE DID!  Now, some of you may be wondering why I am so excited about this.  You see, Campbell would NEVER have done that.  He has lots of trouble sleeping anywhere but his own bed (except for at school--he always takes a good nap at school--go figure!).    I mean, he even has trouble sleeping at my mom's house sometimes.  So the mere fact that Andrew fell asleep in someone else's bed is huge to me--not to mention the fact that he slept 30 minutes!  Way to go little Roo (that's our nickname for him).  Here are some pictures from the Whitfield's blog that we stole.

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like you guys had a good holiday! I'm with you about the titles of things. I always want it to be either witty or informative, but then I overthink! Let's get together soon.

    By Blogger Tiffany, at 11:00 PM  

  • Your precious boys are so adorable! Glad you had a Happy 4th!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 11:05 PM  

  • Titles do present a lot of pressure... but we need the challenge, right?! I think Em's at 17 or 18 pounds. I'll find out her length next week at her appointment. She looks huge to me, but like Andrew, I guess she'll just be in the normal range.

    By Blogger Angie, at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home