sciortino scoop

Thursday, July 10, 2008

What goes around...

...comes around.  This morning I was folding laundry, and as soon as I laid the warm clothes on the couch to start folding, Campbell immediately jumped in them.  "No," I said, "don't jump in the laundry.  You'll make it all wrinkled!"  And as soon as I said it, somewhere in the back on my mind, I heard my mom's voice saying that same thing.  I remembered how my sister and I used to love to lay on the warm laundry on the couch--which is where Mom, and consequently I, always fold laundry.  It made me, just for a second, want to lay in that warm laundry with Campbell and be and enjoy that sweet smell and warm that is strangely comforting to me.   But if I did, I knew it would make the clothes wrinkled.  And that would bring the worst consequence of all--ironing!  Yikes.  And so, my hatred of ironing out-weighed my nostalgic feelings and I had to be the mom and ask Campbell not to lay on the clothes.  But it was a nice moment just the same.

3 Comments:

  • Ha! I'm sad to say I've had some of those moments myself and what's worse is I'm afraid there are so many more to come :)

    By Blogger Jillina, at 2:15 PM  

  • I love it! I used to dive under the sheet right when my mom popped it in the air to spread it out across the bed. Memories..... :)

    By Blogger Angie, at 4:45 PM  

  • So sweet. I am sure he, too, will remember those moments one day when he is older. Isn't it funny the things we remember from childhood???

    By Blogger Ryan and Michelle, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home