sciortino scoop

Monday, October 30, 2006

whew!

This weekend was an absolute blur--some good and some bad. Friday was fun because Jamie and Russ came and played with us and ate dinner with us. I was so excited because I had used my crock pot for the first time (if you know my husband you aren't surprised by this) and had cooked a pot roast with onions, carrots, and potatoes. Jamie and I had been saying how good it smelled all day, and then my husband came home. Upon walking through the door he lovingly announced, "It smells like doodie in here!" I was crushed. "That's dinner," I said. He tried to cover it up by saying he'd always thought pot roast smelled bad, but the damage was done. We wouldn't let him forget it all night long.
Then Saturday I got a mommy break and scrapbooked all day. I am done with Campbell's first album, and I'm so proud of it. And it's nice to just be able to get away for a day and have fun.
Sunday was absolutely crazy. First, Campbell woke up with a stomach virus. Yikes, we were so scared from last time, but this one was nothing compared to that. So I stayed home from church, as per my previous post about nursery workers! The I went to church around 2 for a baby shower. Trunk or Treat was last night, too, so I just stayed at church to supervise our 9th graders assemble their "trunk." Imagine my...uh...delight...when I saw a boat (our theme was under the sea), 15 teenagers, and no other adults. Whoa. So I had to switch into teacher mode and make sure no one killed themselves or anyone else. I was so thankful when David finally got there at 5:30. Big thanks to David's mom for watching Campbell so I could have some help. So basically I stayed at church from 2 until 8 yesterday. I mean, I love church and all, but this is a little much. Anyway, I was sad that Campbell missed his first trunk or treat, but let's face it, he doesn't know what is going on, it is just for us this year. But since he's feeling better, it looks like we're going to be able to slip on our Curious George costume tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll take several hundred pictures and share them! Happy Halloween to all.

2 Comments:

  • I can't wait to see the pictures! We missed Campbell last night. Glad he is feeling better. I hear ya on the crazy weekend. I am just getting ready to take a recovery nap! I hope you get one too!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 5:48 PM  

  • I hope Campbell is feeling well enough to be Curious George tomorrow. Those will be some sweet pictures! Maybe you'll be able to catch a few breaths this week. Congrats on finishing his first album--that is a HUGE accomplishment!

    By Blogger Angie, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home