sciortino scoop

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

feeling useful

Well, today I earned my first day's wages in almost 2 years. That's right, I worked today. I am going to substitute teach at my old school one day a week, and today was my first day. It was really fun to get back in the grove of working again, especially without the responsibility of the class being my class. Today I was an 8th grade history teacher. Who knows what I'll be next week.
We also went on a girls' retreat with our 10th grade girls at church this weekend. It was an awesome time of bonding and fellowship and committment to purity. These girls continually amaze me with their spiritual maturity and poise. Many of them said that they actually pray for their future husband on a regular basis. I can honestly say that I never thought about that at their age. I hope that they learn half as much from me as I do from them.
Hope everyone else is having a good week and feeling useful, too. It's a nice feeling.

2 Comments:

  • I didn't know you were teaching. Is this until Andrew comes or a more long term thing?

    By Blogger Jillina, at 1:59 PM  

  • That's great! By the way, I am going back to school so I can be a Jr. High teacher, and everybody looks at me like I'm in sane when I say I love jr high kids! I mean, somebody has to love them, right? I feel like you can back me up on this one...

    By Blogger Whitney, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home