sciortino scoop

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Momma's Big Man

Well, today was a big day for us. Today was Campbell's first day of Mother's Day Out at Harpeth Hills Preschool. I knew it was going to be a good day when he slept until 8:00 this morning. He woke up in a wonderful mood, but every time I asked him if he was excited about preschool, or even if he was going, he said matter-of-factly, "No." Nonetheless, we made the trip to church. I decided to walk him to his classroom today (usually the teachers get the children out of the car and take them to class) since it was the first day.
He started to get nervous as we walked down the hallway, and as we approached his classroom door, he started to cry. So I picked him up and walked him into the room. The teachers greeted him with big smiles, but he was clutching onto Mommy for dear life! Then I noticed that they had taped pictures and name tags on the chairs. I pointed out his picture and his name, and he seemed to really like that. Then he noticed that there were crayons and paper all over the table, so he immediately started coloring (one of his very favorite things to do right now). Sensing that now was my chance, I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek, told him I loved him and to have a good day. He never even took his eyes off his teacher who was drawing something for him. I walked out the door, and he never seemed to give me a second thought! What a brave guy! I was so proud of him. I started to tear up as I walked back down the hallway, but I decided that if he didn't need to cry, neither did I. And so, our first day, at least the beginning, was a success.

It's so hard not knowing what he is doing right now. Supposedly he is napping right now, but you could knock me over with a feather if he is actually asleep right now. But, who knows! I'll let you know later on how the day went. I've also got lots of great pictures and stories from our Hilton Head trip to share as well. But for now, here's some pictures of my big man as he was leaving for preschool this morning. I can't believe how big he is. I love how in the first picture he looks like he doesn't quite know about this bag thing, but then he decides he kind of likes it and gives Mommy a big cheese for the camera.


4 Comments:

  • Hello Sciortino's,
    I used to work with David, and found your blog just this week.

    Hope all is well,
    Justin & Katie Lipscomb

    By Blogger JDL, at 9:40 AM  

  • What a big boy!! He is so sweet!! Hope the rest of the day went well and can't wait to hear about your trip!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:22 PM  

  • Good for you about not crying. I'm tearing up and it's not even my child. Yes, I will be "that" mom.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 8:12 PM  

  • Congratulations to both of you for surviving the first day. I've always been sympathetic to those parents that walk away with tears in their eyes on the first day.

    By Blogger Angie, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home