sciortino scoop

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

50 things about me

April tagged me, so here goes nothing...

1. I am 11 weeks pregnant and already starting to look it! yikes.
2. I love being a mom, but I hate being pregnant.
3. My son Campbell is the cutest kid I know!
4. My husband and I are great friends and I love to be silly with him.
5. We love to watch Family Feud reruns on the Game show network until late at night and make fun of all the dumb answers.
6. In case I ever get on the Feud, I've already got my team picked out: David, me, Jamie, David's dad, and my dad. We would totally clean up!
7. I've been watching the Food Network since college and still can't get enough of it.
8. I love to travel, but it's been a long time since I've been able to go somewhere far away.
9. I'm pretty social, but I have to have my alone time sometimes.
10. I LOVE Harry Potter: had a 6 foot cardboard cutout in my classroom, can't wait for the last book and the next movie to come out in July.
11. This is harder than I thought it would be.
12. I love to sing to Campbell but am just waiting for the day he figures out I can't carry a tune.
13. I fancy myself a pretty good cook, and I love to do it.
14. I am totally addicted to blogging and would feel a void if I couldn't do it for a while. Sad, huh? 15. I am very blessed to have lots of friends from church and my neighborhood and of course, my sister, who stay at home, too. I couldn't do this without them.
16. My dog has gotten attacked my a momma cat twice now.
17. I trapped 2 of her kittens an took them to animal control this morning. Wish me luck on the momma and the other kitten.
18. Don't worry, they were not harmed.
19. I love Dr. Pepper, but caffeine throws me for a loop.
20. When I have caffeine, David can talk to me on the phone and know I've had it. And he's never been wrong--about that, I mean! :)
21. I caught the last kitten last night, and I think the momma cat is mad at me.
22. I don't face conflict very well, but I'm getting better, maybe, I hope.
23. I truly pray only that I will have a healthy baby, but I really don't know if I'd know what to do with a girl.
24. I hate the color pink--I never wear it, ever.
25. I sincerely hope my son has his father's athletic ability and not mine.
26. I love to eat chocolate, and sometimes if there isn't any in the house, I will eat a handfull of chocolate chips.
27. My favorite meal at a restaurant is probably Cracker Barrel's chicken and rice special that they only have on Saturdays.
28. I'm thinking of writing Cracker Barrel and petitioning to have it permanently added to the menu. Anyone with me?
29. I used to love winter, but now that I have a kid, I'm all about spring and fall.
30. I love the beach and could sit out there and read a book under an umbrella all day.
31. I bought material to make curtains for my bedroom months ago. It was to be my first sewing (not embroidering) project. But I've been too scared to start on them.
32. I hate that I have already lost tough with many wonderful friends throughout the years.
33. I hate having my picture taken.
34. I love movies, especially romantic comedies.
35. I quiz my mom and sister on quotes from movies. They humor me sometimes, but I don't think they really like it.
36. My favorite shirt is one my mom got in San Fransico more than 20 years ago that says Alcatraz Swim Team. It's completely threadbare, but I continue to wear it, much to the chagrin of my family and friends. How many of you remember it?
37. My favorite movie is the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice--6 hours of Victorian England fun. Who couldn't love it!
38. I used to hate pizza, but I started liking it again when I was pregnant with Campbell, and I still love it.
39. Lately I've been on a trail mix kick. Target has an excellent selection if you are in the mood.
40. I love Publix. They are friendly and nice and clean and just plain wonderful. And they have the race car carts that Campbell loves and would sit in all day. It's my happy place.
41. I loved teaching but I don't miss dealing with parents and grading papers.
42. I love freaking out my old kids in the grocery store when they wonder where they've seen me before.
43. I like red nail polish, but only on my toes. I prefer nothing on my fingers.
44. I love pedicures and would get one every week if I could.
45. My dream is to write children/young adult books. I even have some ideas mapped out.
46. I'm afraid I'm too scared to try to go for my dream.
47. I am a graduate school drop out. I got pregnant with Campbell 2 weeks in and figured that was enough on my plate. I doubt I'll ever go back.
48. Some of my favorite memories from childhood are riding horses with my family and friends. I miss that part of my life.
49. I was on the Fine Living Network on a show called American Shopper (not Chopper), but I didn't tell very many people because I was nervous.
50. I really want to go back to Europe and spend some time revisiting some of the places I went back in college, especially Vienna.

Yay! I'm done. That was fun but took a while. OK, so now I guess I tag some people, let's see, how about...Lindsay, Kate, Elizabeth Byerly, and Bethany. Please do it, ladies, it's pretty fun. And thanks to Courtney for starting us.

7 Comments:

  • Great list, it made me smile and miss you!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 4:42 PM  

  • When were you on tv? I am so sad that you didn't tell--I TOTALLY would have watched you. Hope you are feeling ok!

    By Blogger Leslie Ware, at 6:35 PM  

  • You should definitely write children's books...you'd be great at it!

    I would have watched you on TV too. Now we've got two famous friends. I said no deal, no deal!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 11:56 PM  

  • I think you've picked a good Family Feud Team...I can see ya'll now.

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 10:11 AM  

  • I do #26 too... I always feel like an "addict" when I do that! And I love,love the long Pride & Prejudice! Great list... I'll try to do it this afternoon!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 10:11 AM  

  • I've always wanted to write a book (or more) too, and am afraid I'll never try. For now my excuse is I don't have time and a good story hasn't yet come to mind...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:37 PM  

  • Congrats on being pregnant again!!!! YAY! So excited for you!!! Great list! Love you!

    By Blogger Becky, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home