sciortino scoop

Friday, June 01, 2007

catfight!

No, I didn't get in a fight and beat up some woman in Walmart over the last bag of baked cheetos, though, I'd do it if I had to. This fight is about Bogie. As most of you know, Bogie is our tiny little 6 pound Maltese whom we love as one of the family. Well, it all started this afternoon. Campbell and I were headed home from the longest trip to Walmart in the history of the world. Campbell fell asleep before we were even out of the parking lot! So, when we got home, I transfered Campbell to his bed, and Bogie and I headed outside to unload the groceries. After bringing in a load, I walked back out to the garage and heard Bogie yelping and screaming and saw him tear across the yard. I ran over to him, but he wouldn't let me pick him up. And when I looked down at my hand, it had blood on it. I freaked out, but Bogie was too scared to let me pick him up. So I went around the house to where he ran from, and there it was--a cat staring menacingly out at me from underneath the bushes around our air conditioning unit. Immediately, I knew what had happened.


You see, Bogie is a little...aggressive, we'll call it. He chases after any and every animal that comes close--German Shephard and Yorkie alike! So, I'm sure that he provoked the cat. So, anyway, I get Bogie in the house and the rest of the groceries in. After quickly putting away the perishables, I head to the phone book to call the vet. I tell them what happened, and they said I needed to bring him in right away. Well great, I thought. What do I do with my sleeping 18 month old. I mean, when you only get one nap a day, that nap is not disturbed by anything short of the house being on fire! So I see out the front window that my neighbor's car is there. She has 3 daughters, 2 of whom are 8 and 10. So I call her and she sends them over to stay at my house while I take my injured dog to the vet. Of course, Bogie is hiding under our king size bed at this point, and I barely get him out from under there.


We get to the vet, and he pulls out the clippers and shaves the places Bogie is bleeding. You can see exactly where the cat's teeth went in. And poor Bogie, he looks just plain stupid because most of the bites are right on the top of his head. So, not only does he have to suffer the embarassment of losing a fight with a cat, he also has to sport this horrible haircut until it finally grows back. Then, to add insult to injury, before leaving the vet, I noticed that Bogie's nails needed trimming. So, the poor thing had to endure that as well. But don't worry, he's fine now. He's running all around the house, not much the worse for the wear. But I did manage to snap a quick picture of him. So, the moral of the story is, watch out for those cats!

7 Comments:

  • Bless his little head...I mean heart! :) I hate that! I am actually kind of scared of cats...maybe he will be too now! Thank goodness for wonderful neighbors!

    By Blogger Abigail and Ansley, at 12:36 AM  

  • Poor doggie!Maybe he's learned a lesson, that cats are his friends???? I know our dogs don't learn lessons though!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 2:53 PM  

  • Oh sad!! Glad everyone is fine though.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 6:45 PM  

  • Poor Bogie! I'm glad he's feeling a little better!

    By Blogger Angie, at 8:34 PM  

  • Oh no! Poor baby! Glad he's doing better!!! :)

    By Blogger Becky, at 12:07 AM  

  • Poor Bogie....glad he's ok! He's definitely got some spunk in him, especially for being so little.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 12:24 AM  

  • Poor little Bogie. What a sad story!

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home