sciortino scoop

Thursday, April 26, 2007

my first projects

So I've been hard at work using my sewing machine to embroider some gifts. It's been really fun to actually make something instead of just practice doing things. I have to thank my friend Sara for helping me out. We spent a while on Saturday making these 2 burp cloths and a blankie for our friend Tara who is having a little girl any day now. I posted both pictures because I didn't know which one you could see better.
Then the other day my sister and I were working on something else, and we hit a few bumps in the road. So I took my sewing machine in, thinking that the problem just had to be with the machine. But, oddly enough, the problem actually turned out to be user error! Oops. I guess that's what you get when you are just guessing how to use the software before someone actually teaches you (or before you even read the whole manual!). But I tried another project yesterday afternoon, and things are going along smoothly again. And I have my software class on Saturday, so hopefully I will learn the RIGHT way to do this stuff. But I am having so much fun doing this. Before too long everything in my house may be embroidered! Watch out, Bogie, better not sit still for too long. Just kidding!

15 Comments:

  • How fun! I would love to own a sewing machine and actually know how to use it:) Embroidered gifts are the best!

    By Blogger mandiandjosh, at 11:41 AM  

  • I'm real jealous! I want a machine like that soo bad. Until I can convice Mark please keep posting pictures so I can use them to help plead my case :) Awesome projects! They look great!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 12:26 PM  

  • You are so talented! Embroidered gifts are definitely great. Good luck with everything:)

    By Blogger Ashley & Bobby, at 2:42 PM  

  • Excellent work, Chris! Those look really good-- and that's a great gift to give!

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:53 PM  

  • OOOOOH! I need one of those!

    By Blogger Courtney, at 9:30 PM  

  • So cute!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 2:31 PM  

  • Chris, I am very impressed! You should start a business...I will call you next time I am in your neigborhood for Diego's softball games. Hope to see you soon!

    By Blogger Rebecca Fua, at 6:51 PM  

  • I am the lucky one who gets to keep them! Thanks so much again!!! They are adorable!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 10:08 PM  

  • Those look fantastic! How fun! Nate's mom just got a machine like that, and she is still learning the software, too. Hopefully I'll get some good baby gifts out of it! :)

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:53 PM  

  • The burp clothes are spectacular.....very jealous. This makes me want to learn to sew even more.

    By Blogger AJnChattown, at 9:04 PM  

  • Good job! Those are very cute.

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 11:49 AM  

  • Impressive! I love the pics of D.A. and Campbell too.

    By Blogger Julie, at 7:26 PM  

  • Those look great. So impressive!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:19 PM  

  • These are adorable!! My parents came to visit last weekend and my mom brought me her old sewing machine in case I wanted to take on any projects . . . I don't know the first thing about sewing, but I might as well give it a try!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

  • Great job! I can't wait to have a toy like yours! I like the Ansley burp cloths! Is there going to be another Ansley?
    Love you lots!

    By Blogger Abigail and Ansley, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home