sciortino scoop

Friday, April 06, 2007

spatula golf

I have to give it to Campbell, he has become quite resourceful in this cold weather. I guess the saying is right, "Necessity is the mother of invention." He started out by going to the back door and begging to go outside and then having a breakdown when I told him that it was too cold. But now, he's made up his own game he can play inside. I call this game spatula golf. Here's how it started. Campbell loves to "help" me unload the dishwasher. And so, in an effort to keep him from grabbing all the knives out of the dishwasher, I usually give him a spatula to play with. He thinks it's pretty cool and runs around the house with it. Well, the other day, he spotted a rubber baseball (used to be Bogie's, but now Campbell has taken it over--but it was always a little too big for Bogie anyway). He remembered his new favorite game, and decided the spatula could work as well as a golf club, and he hit the ball. Well, after that, shall we say, the rest is history. It is his new favorite game. The funniest part is that he misses the ball about 80% of the time, but he doesn't get discouraged. And he will NOT let David help him. The fierce indepence rears its head and he shouts, "No!" But, it keeps him happy indoors, and that's all I can ask for right now. Enjoy the pictures. And please don't think I never dress my child. Apparently all the Kodac moments happen first thing in the morning!

5 Comments:

  • Ha!! Campbell is a clever one! I know I've said this before but he is your father. Do you think he looks like anybody else? All I see is your dad.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 8:41 PM  

  • Oh wow! I bet David is so proud! He's such a cutie! I'm going to have to meet that little guy someday soon!

    By Blogger Becky, at 9:41 PM  

  • Cute pictures! I bet Daivd is so proud. Who knows he might be the next Tiger Woods!

    By Blogger Misty George, at 12:38 PM  

  • Seems like Campbell will always be entertained as long as he has a ball. What a cutie!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:21 PM  

  • Uncle Andy was so proud when he heard how Campbell had taken up the game closest to his heart. And to think that he almost donated his clubs to Campbell! Sorry we only saw you for a split second the other weekend, we have to make it longer soon!

    By Blogger Bethany, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home