sciortino scoop

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

1 nap or 2?

Whew, today has been a long day. Campbell has been sleeping less and less during his morning naps, and so I thought we'd try this week going to 1 nap a day. First couple of days were fine, partly because we were with my sister and nephew. It's always better to have a playmate! But today has been the breaker. I put him down at 1:00, and he slept an hour, cried, went back to sleep for 30 more minutes, then was up for good. OK, I'm all for this 1 nap a day stuff, but an hour and a half is just not enough. So I made him stay in his bed for the full two hours. I got him up and he was pretty good for about 15 minutes. Then it was evident that he was still very tired. And with church tonight pushing our bedtime back to 8:30 at least, this was not good. So now, he's back in his bed, and quiet for the moment. I haven't been brave enough to check the video monitor yet.
So, any thoughts on when to go to 1 nap? I don't know if he's really not ready or if maybe it takes a few days to devolp a new sleeping pattern. Any thoughts? I'll take any and all ideas.

4 Comments:

  • Your guess is literally as good as mine. Today William has had 1 nap - I'm sooo not ready for this phase of life to come. I'm really hoping some seasoned moms have some insight on this one.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 6:17 PM  

  • I keep checking to see the outcome of this one. Evidently no one is sure. Some research may be needed!

    By Blogger mandiandjosh, at 8:51 PM  

  • Once or twice a week Miles will take two naps. I am slowly trying to get him to nap when Ella naps. So I can get a little peace and quiet. Miles just requries more sleep than Ella did at this age.

    By Blogger Misty George, at 10:44 PM  

  • Emery was a horrible napper and overall sleeper until she combined all her naps into one really long one. She was around 15 months, and it did take a while to make the transition. It was worth the wait, because most days I get 3 hours of free time. Hang in there!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home