sciortino scoop

Friday, February 23, 2007

Yay for Sunshine!

We have had so much fun this week enjoying the sunshine. We started on Wednesday when Jamie and Russ came over before playgroup. We took the boys outside to play, but we quickly realized that the one tractor we had was not enough. Then we remembered the play set my parents had given Campbell for Christmas. The box said 20 minute assembly so we thought, why not.
Well, whomever measured that 20 minute thing was obviously not watching 2 toddlers run around the yard at the time. We worked for about 30 minutes with plenty of interruptions, one in particular that was very...interesting. My son likes to put things in his mouth, mostly because he knows I don't want him to. I had been pulling rocks out of his mouth for a while, but this time I looked at him and thought, what is that? Well, it was dog poop. Yes, friends, that's right. My son put a piece of dog poop in his mouth. Of course he quickly spit it out and I wiped his mouth out. Yikes, how nasty is that?!? Anyway, we got back to the playset, but we ended up having to put the boys down for a nap before it was finished. But let me just say that we did a FINE job of putting that thing together! Who says women aren't handy? Not me and my sister, that's for sure.
And so the playset was not christened until yesterday when our friends Sara and Taylor came over. And don't worry, Campbell did not eat anything else nasty and I brushed his teeth really well that night! Here are some fun pictures of our play time yesterday. Feel free to admire mine and Jamie's craftsmanship. Hope you got out to enjoy the sunshine, too.

7 Comments:

  • Hey Chris Anne & Campbell!

    I'm with you on loving this sunshine. It makes me really ready for spring! Campbell is getting so big, and of course handsome as ever.

    The dog poop thing in hilarious- I'm just waiting for Emery to try that one! I might gag trying to get it away from her!

    Have a great weekend!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 1:31 PM  

  • Hooray for Sunshine indeed! Going outside to play is so much better than being stuck inside. Excellent handywoman skills. :)

    By Blogger Jillina, at 5:12 PM  

  • We have been loving being able to be outside too! The poop story is classic!
    My fear is squirrels which dates back to 8th grade with Mr. Chamberlain when one of his "pets" crawled on my head--just ask D.A. about this teacher! Maybe we all have our own animal fear!

    By Blogger Julie, at 6:06 PM  

  • Yuck! Oh what I have to look forward to. Do you own a dog? Hope so that way you atleast will know what he ate:) Loving the weather....

    By Blogger mandiandjosh, at 9:30 PM  

  • That is too funny! My dog ate poop once, and I washed her mouth out with baking soda. :) Now I have to look forward to my real kids eating it, too?!

    By Blogger Angie, at 10:49 PM  

  • Your stories make me laugh. Keep them coming. I know you will have plenty.

    By Blogger AJnChattown, at 10:44 PM  

  • The poop story just made me laugh out loud!! So many things to look forward to . . .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home