sciortino scoop

Monday, January 15, 2007

the toddler diet

I have done it, ladies (and gentlemen, too). I have come up with the newest and best diet around. It's called the toddler diet. It's very simple, once you get started. To begin, you just have to have a baby--very simple, right? Then you have to raise that baby for about a year--no problem, huh? Then comes the diet.
You see, toddlers don't understand that when Mommy eats something, she doesn't want to share. So anything you eat, the toddler wants to eat. And since we all want our sweet little darlings to stay away from the chocolate addictions of Mommy's, your snacking and eating habbits must drastically change. I went from eating cocoa krispies and those extra sugary milk and cereal bars, to eating whole grain waffles for breakfast. And if your toddler is like mine, he is a garbage disposal and will eat your waffle, too.
And so, all you need to do to lose weight is follow these three easy steps:
1. have a baby
2. raise him/her for a year
3. share all your food with him/her

Ok, in all seriousness, my eating habbits really have changed a ton. If I never eat another whole grain waffle again, it will be too soon. OK, I hear my little garbage disposal calling me again. Bet he's hungry!

4 Comments:

  • Oh Girl! I totally feel you only with my 9 month old. She refuses to eat baby food-only wants what we eat...so I have had to make much better food choices as a result!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 9:46 PM  

  • We are just starting the toddler diet bit. Gah the pressure of a balanced meal it's enough to drive you crazy. What are some of the meals that you feed Campbell?

    By Blogger Jillina, at 1:56 PM  

  • Yes, the pressure can get to you, but try not to stress out and make mealtime stressful. I use a lot of canned vegetables, at least for lunch. There is carrots and peas, and even mixed vegetables that are already in small pieces. Also grilled cheese and mac and cheese. They have whole grain pasta now, which makes you feel better about feeding him mac and cheese.

    By Blogger chris anne, at 4:46 PM  

  • Hello! I just found your blog today, so I got caught up with you and Campbell. He is so cute and growing so fast. He will have to meet baby Tori soon! Tell David Allen hello.
    Bryan and Natalie

    By Blogger Natalie Church, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home