sciortino scoop

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

whew!

I am finally getting a chance to blog after feverishly preparing for the holidays. I have baked, and baked, and baked, oh, and then I baked some more. My husband has eaten his weight in sugar cookies. I think he's had them for breakfast every day since Saturday! But we still seemed to have enough leftover to give to a few of our neighbors. But wow, is it a lot of work to spread Christmas cheer. Next year I may just drive down the street and throw those holiday M&Ms at people's doorsteps. OK, maybe not.



The other challenging holiday endeavor was getting a good picture of Campbell to give away as presents and one for our Christmas cards. The beauty of having a child is that you can get away with framed pictures of him to your grandparents and others who you've spent the last 10 years trying to figure out what to buy them. But catching a good picture of your 1 year old is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle. David called me one day in the middle of this adventure (yes, it took more than 1 day--3 to be exact!) and asked me what I was doing. I replied, "figuring out why photographers charge so much!" By the end Campbell and I were both crying--ok, just one of us was crying. I'll let you figure out which one. But I think we finally got one, so I will leave you with a few of the--shall we say, interesting pictures that were not chosen.



(don't know how to flip pictures--sorry!)

3 Comments:

  • AMEN!! Thank goodness for digital cameras! We take 100s to get 1 or 2 good ones. My sister in law Mary is a photographer and every time we see her it's like hey wanna take our picture?

    I'm amazed how she can get such good shoots so quick. I can't and it can really wear you out but I'm looking forward to giving these sweet pictures instead of oh socks. :)

    Oh love his Christmas outfit!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 9:01 PM  

  • I feel your pain! However, I just got the card, and it was well worth the hassle. It is so cute! Nice work!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 10:23 PM  

  • Ha! That is a riot! Well, I got the card today, and I must say that it is precious! I would have guessed you got that shot in about 5 minutes he looks so happy! :) Well done!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home