sciortino scoop

Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Big One

Well, we did it--we had our first birthday and party. What a great weekend we had. Thursday night Campbell's cousin Russ and Aunt Jamie and Uncle Clark spent the night with us, so we had a birthday breakfast Friday morning of banana muffins. The birthday boy chowed down--he loves anything bread-like, so that's why I chose muffins. Then David's parents, MeMe and Pop came over for lunch and brought Campbell a very cool red wagon to ride in. He and Bogie hopped in there and went for a spin around the house, loving every minute of it. Then David's cousin Adam brought over a present from himself and David's grandmother, Gram. It was a 3 and a half foot tall horse! That's right, 39 inches of furry fun--with photo and sound sensors, that thing is crazy life-like and will freak you out at first. But Campbell loves his pony and hugs it and brushes it. Mommy, Daddy, and Campbell went to dinner, just the three of us, to celebrate after opening the Little People Garage and a new UK sweatshirt (you can guess which one Daddy bought!).

Then it was time for the party on Saturday morning. We had almost 30 people here eating chili and potato soup made by Campbell's grandmothers and of course, there was cake. Campbell was not scared to eat his whole piece of cake, and he really didn't make that big of a mess, although later my mom, GiGi, did find some cake in his ear! He got lots of great presents from his family and friends including lots of books, some blocks, a vacuum, a tractor, a push and ride-on toy, and lots more. He had a blast. It was so much fun to watch him. Somehow it seemed that he knew the day was for him. Then after the party he crashed and took a long nap. All in all, the birthday was a great time.

David and I just can't believe that our sweet little monkey doodle (that's what we call him--why, I don't know!) Friday afternoon we watched the video of December the 8th last year, and after being horrified at how absolutely huge I was, I kept tearing up and thinking what a wonderful year this has been. Sure there's been some hard times, lots of crying, loss of sleep, and even a night in the hospital, but David and I agree that it's been the greatest year of our lives because Campbell is the greatest part of our lives. He gives us continuous joy and laughter. We just didn't know how much we could love anyone until he came along. Even now I'm getting a little misty-eyed just thinking about it. So, Happy Birthday, sweet boy. We love you very much.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the day.First Campbell and Bogie are riding in their new wagon. Second, Campbell is opening his presents from Mommy and Daddy. The third picture is Campbell riding his pony, and then there are some pictures from his party. I loved his cake--it was a work of art with a barn standing up on top of the cake with lots of animals all around it. Campbell loved his cake and his party, too!


7 Comments:

  • I always cry when I read your blog. How weapy am I going to be when I'm actually a mom reading it?!

    I love to hear you talk about Campbell. It's amazing to realize how much you love him.

    You're a great mom!

    By Blogger Angie, at 8:55 PM  

  • I'm so glad Campbell had a good birthday! I love the pictures! Ty may have to come over and see the pony!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 9:59 PM  

  • What a great cake!!! Happy Birthday, Campbell!

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 6:05 PM  

  • Oh - and please get Jamie to jump back on the bandwagon. We need to get her updates too! Merry Christmas to your family!

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 6:06 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Campbell! It's hard for me to belive he's 1! Yesterday you were pregnant. Really.

    I'm with Angie, I love hearing you talk about your baby boy. Your an amazing mom and it's so clear how much you love him.

    Glad the party went well.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 11:25 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Campbell!!!! Glad everything went well! He's such a sweetie!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:12 AM  

  • This past year has been extremely fast. I can't believe Campbell is one. I'm sure it really flew by for yall.

    What a cool pony! I want one of those : )

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home