sciortino scoop

Friday, November 17, 2006

the perfect end to a day



Yesterday I went to Lewisburg to work for my parents during the big Thanksgiving rush. We had 4 lunches to get out, so it was stressful. Then after lunch it was all about plucking turkeys. Now, what I mean by that is pulling all the meat off a cooked turkey. You might think this would be an easy task, but these turkeys had been in the refridgerator, so they were rock solid. Needless to say, I was beat when I came home.


Campbell had been with David's mom for the day, so David went to get him and they ate dinner up there. That gave me some time to unwind when I got home. I got a long shower and a snack--NOT turkey! And then my precious boy came home. He was so excited to see me. We played and then he got in the bathtub. Maybe it was because I had been away from him all day, but he was just the cutest and funniest he had ever been. He got to splashing all the water out of his little tub. There was water going everywhere. I called David in and he took some pictures. But there's really no way to capture it without a video camera, and we don't really know where ours is right now. Anyway, Campbell was having a GREAT time laughing and splashing. I just kept thinking to myself how lucky I am. I'm lucky to have the greatest kid God ever made. I'm lucky to have a husband who wants me to stay home with our son. I'm lucky to have a family who appreciates me when I come down to help. I must say that life is pretty wonderful. I hope that you find something that makes you feel this way, too. Here are some pictures David took of our sweet little guy in the bathtub. One of them is kind of blurry, but it shows the water going everywhere. Enjoy!

5 Comments:

  • Super Cute! I love his smile!

    By Blogger Kimberlie Reese Denham, at 3:32 PM  

  • chris, i love your posts. you are so honest and thoughtful. you continue to be such a wonderful role model. wish we got to see each other more often. we'll have to get together soon.

    By Blogger Rebecca Fua, at 4:40 PM  

  • I love bath pictures! They are so cute playing in the water! I'm glad Campbell is doing so well and is healthy!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 6:04 PM  

  • I'm crying! Very sweet Chris Anne, very sweet.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 11:20 AM  

  • I'm so thankful that you feel so blessed. You are an amazing person, and you deserve great things. I still carry that Bible you gave me many Christmases ago, and I think about the warm, caring person that gave it to me!

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home