sciortino scoop

Thursday, November 09, 2006

11 months old

So yesterday Campbell turned11 months old. I cannot even believe that it's been almost a year. You know, everyone says to you when you're preganat that the time will fly, but you just can't understand it until you experience it. And you also can't comprehen how much your life will change just because of that little tiny person! And so, today I thought I'd share with you a few of the changes and the lessons I've learned in these first 11 months. I hope you find them helpful, or at least amusing.
1. Never say never--like don't ever say, "I'll never let my child watch TV all day or eat ice cream when he's a baby or on and on and on. Believe me, it will come back to bite you!
2. Don't get your hopes up too much when you he learns something new because when you try to get him or show off his new tricks like "What does the cow say?" or "Wave bye bye!" and he just looks at you like, "huh?"
3. Your child will make a liar out of you every chance he gets--like when you say, "he loves peas," or "he can't climb the stairs," and there he goes spitting out his peas or climbing those stairs!
4. Gerber Graduates Puffs are the greatest things ever made and can cure whatever ails your child--he's tired of being in his stroller, give him puffs; he's impatient waiting for dinner, give him puffs; he hates Sunday school, let him eat puffs!
5. Strange people in the mall or the grocery store will speak to and maybe even touch your child. It will never cease to annoy you unless they give you a huge compliment!
6. From now on, every commercial or song about children and especially birth will bring tears to your eyes and you'll think, "What is wrong with me?!?" every time.
7. You cannot even begin to imagine how much God loves us because you don't think it's possible for love to be stronger than the love you have for your child.

So, if you have a child or know a child, give him or her a hug today and cherish every smile and giggle. Just a little advice from me. Have a good day.

6 Comments:

  • I have literally laughed out loud at each one. So much so that I had to stop and laugh before reading the next. I haven't tried the puffs yet clearly I'm missing out. :)

    By Blogger Jillina, at 4:59 PM  

  • Very good thoughts! I have so much to learn before I enter that next stage of my life. When the time comes, you'll have to hand out more words of wisdom to me!

    By Blogger Angie, at 7:41 PM  

  • That gave me goosebumps and I don't even have a kid! :)

    By Blogger Becky, at 11:02 PM  

  • Amen to all of that! Thanks for the thoughts!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 11:10 PM  

  • oh and I forgot to tanswer you from my blog... yes, Miranda did make Reagan and Walker's outfits! I told her she should sell those on E-Bay along with the little Annie dress she made for Reagan for Halloween!

    By Blogger Becky, at 11:23 PM  

  • It does go fast and seems to go faster and faster! And yes they always make a liar out of you and puffs-at age two-can still sometimes cure : ) Love you! You are such a wonderful mommy!

    By Blogger Elizabeth Miller, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home