sciortino scoop

Thursday, November 30, 2006

slow down!!!

Today my son drank his last bottle--EVER! Yikes. His birthday is next Friday, and the plan all along was to stop the bottle/formual at one year. I noticed last week that I was about to run out of formula, but I didn't see any reason to buy more--what was one week going to do? So the formula can kept getting more and more empty, and it didn't bother me. Until today when I mixed up that last bottle. The good thing was that Campbell and I were walking with Sara and Taylor when he drank it, so I couldn't really give in to these feelings, but now that he's asleep, well, I'm sad. But also excited. It's great that we don't have to buy anymore formula--it'll be like getting a raise, but he's just growing up so fast. Soon he'll be walking and talking and he won't need me as much. What a roller coaster.


I was thinking earlier about all the ways our lives have changed this time last year. I gave up my Cindy the Civic for the mom-mobile, Harvey the CRV. (yes, I name my cars, and I like it!)Some friends asked us if we wanted to go eat at Bonefish Grill with them, but we had to suggest a different place--one that was a little more kid-friendly. We used to go to bed whenever we wanted, but now we know our little man will be up by 7, so it's off to bed much earlier now. We never leave the house without Cheerios, a sippie cup, 4 diapers, a change of clothes, and tons of toys. And speaking of packing stuff, try staying overnight somewhere! But I know that David would agree with me when I say, it's worth every thing we changed and more. I guess sometimes I just wish it was going a little slower. So I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of my precious newborn.


5 Comments:

  • Oh my! I am all choked up remembering those days! We went to the Dr. on Isabella's 1yr check up and he said it was time to stop the bottles and b/c Kevin was with me, we went home and did away with all of the bottles that day. oh how my heart hurt! But Kevin is so wonderfully logical, the Dr. said it and we did it (I did it reluctantly!). It is so hard to move from stage to stage, but so wonderful to experience the new phases. As sad as the no more bottles, it is even more wonderful to have them say, I love you mommy! There are great things ahead! Love you! You are a wonderful mommy!

    By Blogger Elizabeth Miller, at 4:19 PM  

  • He will ALWAYS need you, Chris Anne!! You're his precious mommy, and he'll need you when he's walking, talking, driving, everything!

    By Blogger Angie, at 8:42 PM  

  • SOOO sweet... I love that picture. I know what you mean even though I don't have a child of my own! I started crying when I heard my nephew on the Christmas cd last year... he was such a baby and now he's such a big boy in one little year! Time flies, but I guess that means you and David will just have to make a new baby, so you can have a baby AND a big boy! :)

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:37 PM  

  • Oh Chris I can only imagine how you feel. I love that William is growing and developing as he should but at the same time I want him to stop and be my baby boy forever. I guess this is how I'll feel for the next oh 30 years or so. I just tell myself he'll always love his mama you know there is something about mama's and their boys. I can't belive he's almost 1! We were both pregnant yesterday!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 12:01 AM  

  • I named my CR-V Harvey too! haha :)

    By Blogger Lauren Rachelle, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home