sciortino scoop

Sunday, January 07, 2007

world record


I guess since I haven't posted in almost a month, I am going to have to write the world's longest post to catch you all up on what's been going on.

First, Christmas. We had a great Christmas this year. We started out in Lewisburg and had Christmas with my family. We visited with all Campbell's great grandparents and enjoyed staying with my parents. My mom, sister, and I cooked a big dinner on Christmas Eve, and we feasted all night. It was so much fun to see my nephew Russ and Campbell together in their mathching outfits. They'll probably kill us later for dressing them alike, but we love it! Here they are under my mom's tree, and here's a picture of my mom, dad, and the boys. I don't have too many more pictures from that night because my camera started acting up--could be user-error, though!


Then we went home and on Christmas morning had our own little family Christmas. I must admit that David and I thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas Eve duties, and we look forward to many more late nights putting together all sorts of fun toys. Santa brought Campbell a zebra he can ride on, a bunch of books, and a basketball goal (not sure if the goal is for Campbell or for David!) He was really excited when we brought him downstairs on Christmas morning. Here are a few pictures from our little Christmas celebration.


And then later Christmas Day we went to David's parents' house to celebrate with the Sciortinos and then the Campbells. We had so much fun hanging out in Nashville, too. The best part was that David'grandmother, who has been in the hospital or nursing home since September, was able to join the festivities for a little while. She is doing much better, and we look forward to celebrating at her house in Kentucky next year! And here are a few pictures from this part of our Christmas. Can you believe how many people were at the Campbell family celebration?




Then we wrapped up our holiday season with great New Year's weekend. We celebrated my mom's birthday on the 30th. I won't tell you how old she is, but I hope that I look half as good as her when I'm her age! I made her a chocolate cake, it was not the most beautiful thing you've ever seen--sorry, Mom! But we had fun just the same. i still don't know how to rotate the pictures. Sorry again, Mom!


Also, Andy and Bethany, our friends from Georgia were in town. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of them. I'm so mad, but trust me, they're cute!
And so this concludes the longest post in the history of the world. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family, on both sides, full of love, laughter, and so much fun. I pray your holiday season was as wonderful as ours was. I look foward to 2007, but I have to say that 2006 will be hard to beat.

4 Comments:

  • Yay, you updated. I've been wondering what was going on with you. Glad your holidays went so well. And let me just say Chris Anne you look HOT! Love your hair! Really you are one hot momma!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 10:13 PM  

  • Sounds like a lot of fun! I love Campbell's little basketball goal. Glad he enjoyed Christmas. It felt like their first Christmas to me because they were so tiny last year!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 11:05 PM  

  • Excellent marathon post. :) Glad you enjoyed the holidays with your families.

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:07 PM  

  • I love the update and the pictures! I am so glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas! I love you!

    By Blogger Abigail and Ansley, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home