sciortino scoop

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Risky Business

Sorry, ladies, you are not about to see pictures of Tom Cruise dancing in his underwear and a white shirt. What a great movie--every kid should operate a prostitution ring in their own house, but I digress. This risky business has to do with my hair. If you know me well, you know that I like to change my hair. I get some sort of rush from walking into the salon looking one way and coming out totally different. My hair has been every color of the rainbow from bleach blond to dark, dark brown and even red--much to the chagrin of my husband and father! Sometimes I'll play with the length. It's nothing for me to go in and chop 6 inches off my hair without much forethought. But the overall style or cut of my hair has remained pretty similar--very simple and easy to style.
And so, when I went to Lewisburg to get my hair done on Thursday, I knew it was time for change. I had to try out a new girl this time since my former hair dresser decided to stay home with her children--I'm really happy for her, I promise! Anyway, I told her I was sick of my hair being so long and heavy, and that I needed a change. Well, she delivered! She chopped off at least 5 inches of hair and gave me some really cool swoosh-across-my-forehead bangs. I felt so in style as I left the salon! I got to my mom's house, and she and my sister raved about how much they liked my hair. Even David liked it. Whew, I thought. Another hair risk successfully completed--until this morning.
You see, the risky part of this haircut is that I veered from my usual hair CUT and stumbled into an actual hair STYLE. Again, those of you who know me well can tell where this is heading. I am not one for hair maintenance or styling tools and gels. Just let me blow it dry a little and I'm set. I could set world records for fastest woman to get herself ready to go. But not with a hair STYLE. The problem with a hair STYLE is that you have to fix it every day. Yikes, why didn't someone warn me? So, to make a very long, and slightly pointless, story short, I am having a little bit of difficulty learning how to maintain an actual STYLE. So, wish me luck as I've already burned myself once with the flat iron (yes, it's possible, so stop laughing at me!). And no, I'm not brave enough to post a picture of it yet, but maybe later--depends on how these swooshy bangs are looking.

9 Comments:

  • Chris... I am the EXACT same as you! I NEVER EVER do my hair and hardly even blow dry it. I know exactly what you're talking about! I once got a haircut just how you're describing, and could not make it look how it did when I left the salone, so I just started scrunching it and going for the "messy look", and it actually suited me just fine, so maybe that will work for you? And by the way, I've burnt myself MANY times on the flatiron- you are not alone! Now post a picture of yourself already! I'm sure you look gorgeous!!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 6:14 PM  

  • You have me all curious now. You HAVE to post a picture!

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:34 PM  

  • Your hair is very cute! Sorry it is so high maintenance. Maybe with a little practice you will become a speed-demon at "styling" it. I feel your pain! I can't stand to do anything to my hair but dry it. I have been wanting to get a style to take the attention off of my ever increasing pregnancy size, but now I am reconsidering! I do well to get anywhere on time now!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 10:20 PM  

  • I can't wait to see the new style this weekend.

    Hope you had a good birthday on Sunday!!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 11:22 PM  

  • I can't wait to see your hair this weekend! I'm sure it's adorable!

    By Blogger Abigail and Ansley, at 10:16 AM  

  • You'll also have to post pictures from your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday, Chris!

    By Blogger Abigail and Ansley, at 10:17 AM  

  • Oh happy late birthday indeed! Hope you had a great one!! And I'm with everyone else please post a picture of your hair. I've always thought you have great hair though. I go without drying mine and I turn into the frizz ball with curls. Not pretty. You on the other hand pull off every hair do. So post those pictures!!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 12:39 PM  

  • Yes, this is a must-see!

    And it sounds like some of you are getting together this weekend. Fun times!

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 8:46 PM  

  • I am dying to see this new do. Please post a picture.

    By Blogger AJnChattown, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home