sciortino scoop

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

question



Today my question is this, "How much should I be working with Campbell?" And by this I mean should we be working on different skills and words and things all day long? I tend to kind of let him play, hence the photos, and he seems to learn things on his own, gradually, with a little help from me. I just want him to be a kid and have fun. I have this crazy picture in my mind of this terrible movie Parenthood with Steve Martin. Anybody seen it? Well, his sister and her husband are obsessed with working with their daughter, and she turns out so weird. Now, I know that is far off, but I just wondered what other people think about this. I don't mean to imply that Campbell is behind on anything, or ahead for that matter. He walks and talks and is very independent. Anyway, now I seem to be rambling, so I'll stop now and see what your opinions are.

4 Comments:

  • I think this is the stay at home mom question how much is enough without my child turning into a freak show (love the steve martin ref)?

    I just read something in some parenting book or mag that basically said chill - your children learn from indpendant play just as much as when you are teaching them words, etc. So, to answer your question I think whatever your doing is perfect.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 5:47 PM  

  • I have to agree with Jillina's comment although I tend to question myself too. Do I read Preston enough books or let him watch Baby Einstein/ TV to much? I just brought this subject up to Josh lastnight and he said I do plenty with him. I just remeber babysitting in college and the parents never wanted me to show to many videos.
    I guess we can all wait and see how the first child turns out before having more!!!

    By Blogger mandiandjosh, at 5:23 PM  

  • chris anne! i stumbled on your site through another friend's site! i can't believe how big your sweet baby is! i'm taking pictures of little ones now and i love it! if you ever need pictures, let me know. glad to see you're doing well! dap78photobook.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Stressed and Distressed, at 3:23 PM  

  • I think Emery has soaked up more "stuff" just from normal day to day routines than from actual working with her.

    I used to be so worried because the child wouldn't listen to a book from start to finish, and I felt she perferred Seasame Street and other videos over anything else. It's a totally different story now! You're doing great!He's still a baby!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home