sciortino scoop

Friday, March 16, 2007

starting early



I took these pictures last night before bedtime. Looks like my little guy has learned that driving a car and talking on a phone go hand in hand. Gee, I wonder where he learned that?!? At least he's still keeping his eyes on the road.
Thanks to those of you who responded to my nap question. I'm still not sure what to do, but I will say that yesterday and today were two nap days. Maybe I'll try again a little later on.
I also wanted to update you on our other bad habbit that I mentioned a while back--peeing on Mommy when we change a diaper. Well, I mentioned it to the doctor yesterday at our 15 month well check up, and he said that if Campbell could control himself that well, then we could try potty training. He said to put him in front of the toilet and throw a Cheerio in and tell Campbell to pee on it. Yikes! We haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know what happens. Wouldn't it be funny if it worked?!?

6 Comments:

  • I"m not sure what's funnier - Campbell talking and driving or peeing on a cheerio. I may never look at Cheerios the same way again. Def keep me posted on how the world of potty training goes and what you learn about the nap bit.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 11:50 AM  

  • Believe it or not, that's the way my sister's friend potty trained her son!

    She also said letting him tinkle outside was a great way to train, but that might get you some looks from the neighbors. :)

    By Blogger Angie, at 12:26 PM  

  • That is hilarious! That's the same way Nate said he learned to pee in the toilet.... why he remebers this, I will not ask! Good luck! If you get him potty-trained this young, I will be SOOO impressed!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:12 PM  

  • If you potty train your child before 18 months I will make you a trophy! Then I will send Ty over and let you potty train him!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 11:02 PM  

  • Hmm, peeing on a Cheerio. Hadn't heard that one. I am so NOT ready for the challenge of potty training a boy yet. I know it will be nice to be done with diapers, but the transition between the two stages does not sound as easy as changing a diaper is.
    As far as naps, Camden started going to 1 nap at around 13 or 14 months, mainly because that worked well for Sara Jo (who keeps him while I'm at work and has a boy 5 months older than Camden.) However, for the first month of this, Camden would take one nap with her, and then two naps on his days home with me, to recover. So, my only offering to this discussion would be to say that it's ok if they go back and forth between 1 and 2 naps for a little while. He now consistently takes one nap, usually at least 2 and often 3 hours long.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:37 PM  

  • Cheerio thing- hilarious! I've never heard of it, but let me know if it works!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home