sciortino scoop

Friday, April 13, 2007

Hazardous Housework

OK, ladies, I have the answer to all your problems. I have proof positive that vacuuming is hazardous to your health. Yesterday I was hard at work, cleaning my house when I was horribly injured. It happened when I picked up the vacuum. I had this pain in my finger, but being the brave soul that I am, I pressed on. A few minutes later I looked down at my still-throbbing finger and saw it was horribly disfigured. It was black, blue, purple, and swollen. But, don't worry, I finished the housework. And so, here is my proof that vacuuming is hazardous to your health. Now, by advised, this picture may not be suitable for small children and squeamish adults--it's pretty gruesome! The picture is a little blurry, but it is surprisingly difficult to get a clear picture of your own hand. I think that you can get the general idea of the injury. And I couldn't, in good conscience, neglect to share this information with all the women in my life. Hopefully, my pain will prevent you from incurring the same injury. So, in honor of my pain, take today off and do NO HOUSEWORK!! Happy Friday, and you're welcome!

11 Comments:

  • GREAT ADVICE!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 4:47 PM  

  • How in the world did you manage that? I better steer clear of the vacuum cleaner!

    By Blogger Angie, at 7:10 PM  

  • Yes!!! Do you think you could prove this with ironing? I would really appreciate it! Have a great weekend!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 9:27 PM  

  • Sounds great to me! I think that it should be an every friday thing!I think that you should check into a cast for your finger and that would mean a molly maid for a couple of weeks.HA HA

    By Blogger Misty George, at 12:02 AM  

  • Yeah how did you do that? I hate lugging out the vaccum, it's so big and heavy but I love a clean floor. What's a girl to do?

    By Blogger Jillina, at 8:28 PM  

  • I haven't had a chance to read blogs lately, so enojoyed getting caught up with what's going on at the Sciortino household-I love the golf story-he's just precious!

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:50 PM  

  • Yes, that is why I let Andy do all the vacuuming! Keep away from that housework!

    By Blogger Bethany, at 2:09 PM  

  • I agree....I think all cleaning is hazardous to our health :) I love a clean house but I am not sure if the process is worth it. Hope your finger is better

    By Blogger Ashley & Bobby, at 8:54 AM  

  • That sounds like something that would happen to me...I am always running into something or get a bruise and don't even remember what it was from.

    The Easter pictures are cute too!

    And yes, about the CAbi party, I did get a few things free and others at discounts. That's always nice!

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 4:43 PM  

  • You definitely can play the get out of house work card now that you've been injured!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 9:12 PM  

  • You must have a lot of aggression in your vacuming adventures : ) I bet that hurts : )

    By Blogger Elizabeth Miller, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home