sciortino scoop

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Sad Day...

...in more ways than one.  Today Campbell's favorite UK player, Jodie Meeks, decided to enter the draft instead of coming back to Kentucky.  When David told Campbell about it tonight, he seriously started crying.  I am not making this up, people.  The boy was crying!  Of course, this made David swell up with pride remembering the days of crying over the Wildcats himself (not so long ago!)  Then I heard them upstairs talking it over.  David was explaining to Campbell that you can stay in college and play ball for four years, but sometimes if you are really good, you leave early.  To this Campbell replied, "I'm going to stay in college for 10 years!"  After David started breathing again, he told Campbell he better not!  :)  So, now sweet Campbell will have to find a new favorite UK player, but Daddy can rest easy knowing that the brainwashing is truly complete!

jodie.jpg

5 Comments:

  • Oh, how funny!

    By Blogger Angie, at 10:01 PM  

  • Hilarious. I can just see the a similar conversation occuring between Michael and our little boy a few years down the road...just in reference to a Carolina Panthers or UNC player. Oh, boys! Though, I doubt it would be any different even if we were having a girl!

    By Blogger Meghan, at 1:03 PM  

  • Ha Ha! What a cute story!!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 2:54 PM  

  • I remember when I was in 7th grade (David Allen was in 6th) and he spent the night with my brothers for the UK vs Duke national championship. UK lost and DA was so upset that my mom had to take him home! I thought it was funny, but he did not.
    Beth Miller

    By Blogger Beth, at 6:45 PM  

  • i love it! and i love that jodie meeks made your blog...
    if it makes campbell feel better I teared up at the news too...ava and campbell can be UK fans together...they will have to wear some cats paraphernalia at the same time...cuteness!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home