sciortino scoop

Monday, March 23, 2009

up too late...

So, it's Monday night, and I'm up too late again.  I get all wound up from the good TV (and perhaps that cup of tea didn't help either) that I just can't seem to wind down.  And there's just something about the silence of an otherwise noisy house that appeals to me.  I guess it's that hidden introvert in me coming out, but I really enjoy being the only one awake sometimes.

We've had such a fun day today, and I'm just overwhelmed with a sense of how very blessed I am.  For some reason tonight I just couldn't get enough hugs and kisses from my sweet little ones.  And when Andrew cried out a while ago, I was kind of glad because it gave me an excuse to go in there and cuddle with him for a few more minutes.   They are just growing up way too fast.

Today we were playing down at the cul de sac with Taylor and Callie, and I just couldn't believe how big Andrew was.  He followed Campbell and Taylor around and tried to do everything they did.  Which, to their credit, they tolerated very well I must say.  And then when we got home, he and Campbell were being silly and putting the refrigerator magnets in their mouths and they would just look at each other and laugh.  Then one of them hit a button on a  toy and it played a song.  We three just danced around the kitchen laughing together.  It was a great moment and one that I know I will remember for a long time.  Part of me wishes I'd gotten pictures of it, but sometimes I'm so focused on trying to get pictures to capture the moment that I forget to be "in" the moment.  So I guess I'm really not disappointed after all.  

It baffles me that someday soon they will be going off to school and then who knows where.  But at least for now they still enjoy dancing around the kitchen with their momma.  And that's enough for me. 

5 Comments:

  • Sounds like the perfect day!!!

    By Blogger Tamara, at 11:13 AM  

  • Good grief--I'm crying here!! You know just how to rip out my heart! But....I do agree with you. They grow so fast and we have to remember to take the time to be "in" the moment. Well said, Chris. I love it.

    By Blogger Angie, at 8:50 PM  

  • Okay, I am all choked up now. Thanks for the reminder!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 11:39 PM  

  • What a sweet post. There aren't too many moments that beat dancing in the kitchen with your boys. :)

    By Blogger Jenna, at 4:58 PM  

  • In response to your comment on my blog, we were outside all weekend and she has been coughing since. The pollen count was the highest it has been this past weekend, so I can attribute the allergy outbreak to being outside. I am just so happy there is allergy meds she can take; allegra is now approved for 6 months and up. What made it so bad is that she had an allergic reaction to dairy (ice cream) Sat night and was up until 5:00am, only to sleep for an hour. Things are better now though & we are on the up swing. Hope poor Andrew gets well, eye infections are no good.

    By Blogger Cristie, at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home