sciortino scoop

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Andrew goes to school

If you've spent much time around me the last few weeks and I've seemed a bit more emotional than usual (how can you tell, my husband would say), the reason is that my little baby Andrew started preschool last week. Campbell started at this same age, but for some reason I was way more emotional about Andrew starting. I guess because Andrew has been my little sidekick for the past year and a half, and I am just so used to having him with me. But I knew he was ready to go. All summer long I had to pull him out of Campbell's classroom while he's said, "No, I tay (stay) Tampbell!" (he can't say his C's). And he has adjusted well to preschool and seems to really like it. I, on the other hand, am still trying to adjust to having a few hours to myself. Don't get me wrong, a trip to Walmart (or any store for that matter) without kids is fantastic, but I do miss having him around all the time. I really cherish those days we spent together while Campbell was in school, but I know he's having fun and enjoying some time away from Mommy.

Here are some pictures from the pre-preschool photo shoot.

All ready for school!
Being goofy, or normal if you live here

I love how Andrew is looking up at Campbell here
Sweet Campbell is starting his 3rd year at preschool and has moved up to 3 days a week. It's been an adjustment, but he LOVES school and would go every single day if I let him.
The big man on his very first day. I can't believe he's this big.
So then I started wondering about Campbell's very first day, and look at this--he looks like a BABY! Is it just me or does Andrew look so much more grown up than Campbell did at that age? Time just flies!







2 Comments:

  • Yes, I agree that Andrew looks more grown up. I was staring at these pictures thinking, "He's the same age as Emily?!" He's so sweet, and you are so brave for letting him start preschool!

    By Blogger Angie, at 1:37 AM  

  • OH my goodness! They both look so much older than I think they should look! Love the pics of them looking at each other - precious!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home