sciortino scoop

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Big 3-0

David turned 30 on August 14, and we had a little surprise party for him at his mom and dad's house. He absolutely LOVES my parents' fried catfish, so they were sweet enough to drag all the stuff up here to fry fish for everyone. He says we got him, but of course, in the next breath he'll say that he knew something was up. Either way we had a great time celebrating his birthday. I know I'm just glad he hit that milestone before I did so I can tease him for the next few months when I will join the ranks of the 30's. A big thanks to David's parents for hosting us at their house and to my parents and my brother for cooking the yummy fish. It was a great party.

This is the present the boys and I made for him--I was so nervous, but I love the way it turned out. It's a picture of David and the boys walking away and he's holding both their hands. They had lots of fun making Daddy's present.
preparing the fish (that's my dad and brother)
waiting on David to get there--kids everywhere!
our chef for the evening
the girls look scared!
arriving at the party
the "you got me" look
family shot--who knows where the kids were
checking out the food
getting lots of help blowing out the candles
Andrew ate his fair share of Daddy's cake!


3 Comments:

  • With sympathy on the loss of your 20s..... Just kidding!! :) Happy birthday!

    By Blogger Angie, at 5:36 PM  

  • So glad the party went well! Looks great! I love the picture where you are hugging him! Precious!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 12:36 PM  

  • Happy birthday DA! I am dreading turning 30 before Andrew. I also love the last pic of your Andrew...so cute!

    By Blogger Cristie, at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home