sciortino scoop

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Movin' On Up

No, not to the east side, but there has been a lot of pie lately! Man, I crack myself up sometimes. What I mean is movin' on up the scale. And of course, I am referring to me and my ever-growing belly. I have been a little down lately because people keep looking at me and asking when I'm due, and when I tell them 12 more weeks, they look down at my belly in almost disgust and say, "Wow, you still have that long to go!!!" What are these people thinking? The ONLY appropriate thing to say about a pregnant woman's appearance is "You look GREAT!" or any variation there of. I didn't think my belly was freakishly large until all these people keep saying things to me. But at my doctor's appointment last week I was only measuring 1 centimeter big, so those people can just...well, never mind, this is a family show.

Another sign of my swelling belly is that I can no longer wear most of my T-shirts. There is still one I can wear which is one of my all time favorite shirts--no, not my Alcatraz swim team shirt as many of you are thinking, it's that Pi Delta shirt from Luau 2000--it's gray, and I think Kate drew the picture on the back. But I can't sleep in that shirt every night, so I have been reduced to raiding my husband's T-shirt drawer. But don't worry, David has a plethera of UK shirts for me to choose from. Well, the other night, after putting on one, Campbell said to me, "Daddy's shirt!" To which I replied, "Yes, Mommy has to wear Daddy's shirts now." And he said, "I wanna wear Daddy's shirt." And who could resisit? So we grabbed him one of David's shirts and put it on. It was about the cutest thing I've ever seen, and so I had to snap some pictures of my sweet boys.
If you're wondering what kind of face Campbell is making, he's saying "Cheese!"

8 Comments:

  • Well if it makes you feel any better, even the "maternity" T-shirts don't fit me anymore!! I had to raid Nate's closet as well yesterday just to find a stinkin' t-shirt that would fit over my belly! I love the picture of David and Campbell.... so sweet!! Don't listen to those stupid people... I would get the same reaaction from people and I think it's justifiable to stare back and ask when they are due... hehe

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:37 PM  

  • I still wear that luau shirt. I wore it sunday as a matter of fact. It is my fav. Pi Delta shirt ever. My second fave is the pink one from cupid's choice. don't remember the year. I say shew on all the insensitive people...Please keep all unneccessary comments in your head. see you sat.!

    By Blogger AJnChattown, at 8:46 PM  

  • Ignore stupid comments and ignore the scale. I know, I know, easier said than done, but be thankful that its just going to your belly rather than all over!Every appointment I go to now, I almost hold my breathe a bit! I just don't want the nurse to gasp or say wow- world record gain this time!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 9:13 PM  

  • You have the cutest little family. I, too, am feeling huge. My thighs are beginning to worry me. Will they shrink back down, too?!

    By Blogger Angie, at 10:15 PM  

  • That picture of Campbell in David's shirt is so cute! Don't worry about what people are saying- you look great...how is it possible that you snapped a better pic of McClain at the farm than I did and I got that really cute one of Campbell with my camera. Glad they like smiling so much for other mommies instead of their own!

    By Blogger Holly, at 10:52 AM  

  • That is precious! If it makes you feel better I started wearing Mark's UGA shirts while I was pregnant but like them so much I haven't given several of them back! I can't wait to see you Saturday!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 2:19 PM  

  • You only have 12 weeks to go and you're just NOW not fitting into your t-shirts? You're doing fabulous!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:00 PM  

  • Sweet story of Campbell wanting to wear Daddy's shirt. Have a good weekend.

    By Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn, at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home