sciortino scoop

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

a sad day

Today I lost my grandmother, one of my most favorite people in the world. Her health had been declining for a while now, and her battle ended this morning. She was my mom's mother, Martha Earps. She was the most beautiful and graceful woman I've ever known. She had a charm and a vivacity to her that was unmatched. Everyone who met her just loved her. She could make anyone smile. And boy, she knew how to get any man to do pretty much whatever she needed done. She loved her family and the Lord, and she was a fighter to the end. Though her body was always weak, her heart was stronger than anyone could imagine. She told the greatest stories, usually over and over again. I wish that I'd written them all down. She always told me to follow my heart, and I've tried to follow her advice. I will miss her very much, and I ask for your prayers for me and my family as we grieve for this wonderful lady. I told the Lord this morning that this was His lucky day, for He got to walk with my grandmother today.

15 Comments:

  • Chris, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our hearts and prayers. Please let us know if you need anything.

    By Blogger Momof3, at 10:03 PM  

  • I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. We'll keep you guys in our prayers!
    Mandy

    By Blogger Mandy, at 9:08 AM  

  • I'm so sorry Chris.... we'll be thinking about you and your family and keep you all in our prayers. She sounded like a wonderful woman and obviously was well loved by her family!

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:32 AM  

  • I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. I am sure she was a beautiful lady inside and out.

    By Blogger Natalie Church, at 11:07 AM  

  • I am sorry to hear of your loss. She is a beautiful lady, now I know where your mom, you, and Jaime get your looks! You and your family are in my prayers.

    By Blogger Courtney, at 12:14 PM  

  • Chris- I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're able to hold onto so many special memories of your grandmother. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    By Blogger Angie, at 12:29 PM  

  • I just got your email today, I'm sorry I have not had a chance to write you sooner. I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother--your blog brought tears to my eyes. She must have been such a precious soul, I'm glad God is getting to enjoy her, too!

    By Blogger Bethany, at 5:36 PM  

  • We are so sorry for your loss. The words you said on your blog about her were beautiful, and I'm sure the thought of her walking with God is such a comfort. You're in our prayers.

    By Blogger Holly, at 5:43 PM  

  • So sorry for your and Jamie's loss, Chris. I can see that you both have her eyes and know that a special part of her will always live in you.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:49 PM  

  • What a sweet blessing to have such a wonderful grandmother for 28 years. I'm so sorry she is gone. I know you will miss her. I'm thinking about you guys and praying for you.

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 11:07 PM  

  • Chris Anne, I am so sorry about your loss. She was so precious! I will be praying for you all during this very difficult time! I love you!

    By Blogger Abigail and Ansley, at 12:02 AM  

  • Chris, I'm so sorry. Your grandmother was a wonderful person. Your entire family is in my prayers.

    By Blogger Tiffany, at 1:37 PM  

  • Chris, you and your family will be in my prayers! So sorry. What a legacy to leave behind...the Lord was smiling today as he welcomed his daughter home. He has to be so proud of the life she lead as you all are. Love and peace to you and your family.

    By Blogger Whitney, at 8:36 PM  

  • What a beautiful lady. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

    By Blogger Julie, at 2:41 PM  

  • chris anne...i am so sorry to hear about your grandma. know that you're in our prayers.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home