sciortino scoop

Monday, March 03, 2008

so big!

You can tell by looking at Andrew that he is a big boy, but that was confirmed last week when we went to the doctor for our 8 week checkup.  He weighed 13 pounds 5 ounces!  That puts him in the 89th percentile.  Wow!  Campbell was usually lucky to be over the 20th percentile.  His height was the 57th percentile, so at least he's kind of tall, too.  So, we know he is growing well, but we did get a little bad news.  The doctor said that he seemed to have RSV symptoms.  I knew that he was congested, but he never wheezed or coughed or anything like that.  So the doctor sent us home with breathing treatments that we do any time he looks like he's having a little trouble breathing.  But he really seems to be fine.  He smiles and plays all the time.  My guess is that the doctor was being cautious since infections like this can easily get pretty serious with babies this young.  He also said that considering how big Andrew was, that he'd probably be just fine.  Thank God for a big baby and that so far, he's none the worse for the wear.  He also said that the germ probably came home with Campbell because in Campbell it would just show up as a little head cold.  Who knew?  But other moms of 2 are telling me that #2 inevitably gets sick all the time.  One told me hers had pink eye at 2 weeks old!  You just can't keep them separated when they're this little.  But I guess Andrew's immune system will be really strong! Other than that, we've just been hanging out and enjoying Andrew's developing personality.  Campbell can't wait for him to get big enough to play with him.  We say often that Andrew can do things "when he gets bigger," and so the other day Campbell asked me, "Andrew bigger yet?"  What a cutie.  Here are some of my favorite pictures lately.  First there's a pretty good picture of Andrew's precious smile, and the last 2 are my sweet boys "playing" together under Andrew's play gym.  Hope you are all enjoying this sunshine like we are--too bad it's not going to last much longer.  Oh well, makes me ready for spring!


6 Comments:

  • i love the pictures of your two sweet boys. hope andrew is feeling better soon. maybe soon we can get together.

    By Blogger Rebecca Fua, at 9:51 PM  

  • I love the pictures of them playing together under the play gym. That's so sweet! Emily has been congested for about 1.5 weeks now... that makes me a little nervous after hearing these were Andrew's only symptoms. We go to the doc Wed. for shots, so I suppose I'll find out something then. Hopefully we can get all these babies (and mommies) together soon!

    By Blogger Angie, at 11:48 AM  

  • GREAT pictures!! I hate that Andrew is sick but I've heard that about 2nd children as well. Hope he's better very soon.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 1:13 PM  

  • I'm so sorry about Andrew feeling bad! I hope the breathing treatments work really quickly. Found your blog off April's!

    By Blogger Tamara, at 1:15 PM  

  • What cuties! I know Campbell is gonna be such a great big brother! Hope Andrew is well soon.

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 2:52 PM  

  • Oh my gosh, I'm in love!! Andrew is the cutest thang in the world!! His face is just so bright and healthy and sweet!!!!! It is making me even more excited for Mason to get here!! I can't imagine having a sweet little face like that to look at every single day and be able to say, "Marc and I did that!!!!" I bet it is an indescribable feeling!! Glad you found my blog. :)

    By Blogger April Kay, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home