sciortino scoop

Saturday, January 12, 2008

doing great

Well, believe it or not, things are going really well right now.  To say that we are blessed is almost an understatement.  I feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.  Here's why.  First of all, Campbell is being the BEST big brother Andrew could ask for.  He loves on him and tries to share all his food with him.  So far we haven't even had any bouts of jealousy or anything.  He's a bit more sensitive than usual, but overall, he's done better than I could have hoped with the transition.  That is a true answered prayer, let me tell you.
And for Andrew, well, he's just about the easiest baby that there ever was.  He never cries, and if you knew Campbell as an infant, you know that we just aren't sure what to do with
 a baby who doesn't cry.  He's just so very content.  He doesn't even take a pacifier because he doesn't need one!  And as for sleeping, David and I have
 to be the most well-rested parents of a newborn.  The last 4 nights, he has gotten up twice each night to eat then fall directly back to sleep.  I usually put him
 in the bed around 9:30 or 10:00 for the night, and then I have to wake him up around 8:30 or 9:00 that morning.  Last night he woke up at 2:00 and then 6:00, so I guess technically he only woke up once that night.  I keep thinking the bottom is going to fall out and thi
s dream world is about to end, but so far, I couldn't ask for my boys to be any better
.  I've also been blessed with tons of help this week.  From my mom who came to stay for a few days then came back for the day yesterday, to my mother-in-law who kept Campbell and has really helped him ease through this transition, to friends from church who have brought us food or taken Campbell on special outings...the list just doesn't end.  But the number 1 name on that list of helpers has to be my sweet husband.  He has gone to work late, come home early, done housework, gone to the store, and pretty much taken care of everything we need 
right now.  My boys are very lucky to have such a great example of a Daddy.  I can'
t believe life is so good.  The Lord has blessed us beyond our imagination.
Here we are on our first little family outing--a walk around the neighborhood.
And here's Andrew in his car seat--don't you love that hat!

And this last one is my two sweet boys.  

12 Comments:

  • Those are great pictures! I am so happy for you that number 2 has been so easy. And I'm only slightly jealous! :) I was planning to come see you today, but a close friend of mine passed away this morning and needless to say the day was over right then for me. Maybe I will get to meet that well behaved child sometime before his 18th birthday. I have a lot of new mom clothes to bring you when I see you. Love you.

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 11:02 PM  

  • What a blessing to have such a sweet new baby. I know David and Sara are hoping for the same, so we'll keep our fingers crossed! The boys are so cute, and I'm glad y'all are doing well!

    By Blogger Angela, at 10:01 AM  

  • I'm so glad that Andrew is a laid-back little guy--it was what we were all hoping for, and prayers were answered. We can't wait to see y'all in a couple of weeks (by the way, we are planning on coming the last week in January, if that is kosher:)) Love, A & B

    By Blogger Bethany, at 1:39 PM  

  • I'm so glad it's going so great for you. The picture of the boys is so sweet. I would love to come by and meet him soon. Let me know when is good for you.

    By Blogger Tiffany, at 2:11 PM  

  • This is so wonderful! I am thrilled for you!!! I pray everything continues to be great and this is so easy! LOVE YOU MUCH!!! Can't wait to meet your new precious one!
    Elizabeth

    By Blogger Elizabeth Miller, at 5:08 PM  

  • I'm so glad that everything is going so well! I must say that I'm pretty jealous that Andrew is sleeping that well! We're not there yet!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 5:41 PM  

  • Awww!! Love the pics! I am so glad everything is going so well. That's what we've been praying for you guys.

    By Blogger Jillina, at 9:12 PM  

  • That is so great!! Your boys are so precious!!! Hope everything continues to go well... I always hear that the 2nd one is an "easier" baby than the first... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! :)

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:59 PM  

  • Andrew seems to be a sweet little boy. Chris and I will be in Nashville at the end of February. We are hoping to come to church to see everyone. I'm glad that everything is going good!

    By Blogger April Jackson, at 9:16 AM  

  • loved the update and pictures. glad you are all doing well. can't wait to see you. i have a really cute picture of the four of us in my labor and delivery room...too funny! call me when you can.

    By Blogger Rebecca Fua, at 5:39 PM  

  • Congrats on two beautiful children! I am glad to see you are doing so well.
    I want to ask you some questions about Campbell's pre-school. Could you give me a call when you have a chance? 804-0095
    thanks

    By Blogger mandiandjosh, at 4:24 PM  

  • Oh, so sweet! Motherhood is such an amazing blessing!

    By Blogger Angie, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home