sciortino scoop

Monday, January 21, 2008

a moment of peace



Both the boys are actually asleep right now, so I thought I'd give you a quick update.  We're doing pretty well, everyone adjusting to their new roll.  Andrew is such a joy, and Campbell is the greatest big brother.  He even shared his blankie with his baby brother the other night.  precious!!  We've been pretty busy this week visiting with family who hadn't gotten to see Andrew yet.  We went to Lewisburg on Wednesday and Kentucky on Saturday, and I must brag on my children for just a minute.  They were both so good on both the trips.  I was a little nervous, but everything went well, and all the family agreed--they are the cutest little guys ever.  
But don't worry, things aren't always so easy and peaceful around here.  Andrew is not sleeping quite as well at night, and Campbell has learned that when Mommy is feeding Andrew, she can't go anywhere and it's a great time to see what he can get into.  This morning he tried to put a cheerio in the light socket.  Yikes.  But overall we are doing great and still can't believe how blessed we are to have these 2 great boys in our lives.  
One quick funny story to end with--the other night David and Campbell were in the den, and I had walked into another room for a minute.  I came back to see David making a strange face and sort of nervously pointing at Campbell saying, "Umm, your son wants to do something..."  What could he want that would make David this anxious, I thought.  Then I look over at the couch and see Campbell with the Boppy pillow around his waist, his shirt up around his shoulders and hear him say, "My feed Baby Andrew!"  Oops, how do you handle that one?  Well, then I had to have a talk with my little 2 year old about why no one could feed Andrew except Mommy.  Oh well, what are you going to do?!?

9 Comments:

  • Funny story! Both of your boys are precious! I am so glad you all are doing well!

    By Blogger Courtney, at 8:11 PM  

  • That's hilarious! He'll hate that story when he's 15. Your boys look adorable!

    By Blogger Tara Petty, at 9:36 PM  

  • Ha Ha! Great story. Glad everything is still going so well. Your boys are beautiful Chris Anne!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 10:09 PM  

  • The boys are precious! Love the story about Campbell- I had a student last year in my 1st grade class who was breastfeeding her teddy bear at snack time! Her mom had just had a baby too... haha

    By Blogger The Diddles, at 10:19 PM  

  • What sweet pictures of your boys! Glad things are going well!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 10:29 AM  

  • great story! i'm feeling you on the no sleep thing. when do they get their days and nights straight?!

    By Blogger Angie, at 12:50 PM  

  • A belated congrats from me! Your boys are precious. It sounds like you are adjusting to 2 boys better than I did. Scott, my youngest, is almost 6 months old, and I'm still trying to get adjusted! Don't you love it when they nap at the same time - such a wonderful treat!
    Keep having fun!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:03 PM  

  • So sweet!!! Your boys are so precious!!!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 12:16 PM  

  • I LOVE the Campbell "feeding" story! Beautiful pictures. You are so blessed!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home