sciortino scoop

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Super Bunny and homemade peanut butter

I wanted to share a couple of quick funny Campbell stories from the last week or so.  First of all, Super Bunny.  So I was telling Campbell about the Easter Bunny the other day--telling him how he visits our house and brings treats and hides eggs for him to find.  He LOVED this idea and we talked about it for a few minutes.  Well, the next day we were headed to preschool and he asked me, during his normal deluge of questions about where every single person he knows is at that moment (seriously, everyone!  if he knows your name, he asks about you!), "where Super Bunny?"  Who is Super Bunny, I asked him.  "He come my house and bring treats and eggs."  Ah, the Easter Bunny, I say.  "Yes, Super Bunny," is his reply.  I love it.

And then Monday David was eating peanuts and Campbell asked if he could have some.  I said sure and we gave him a few.  Seeing this as a "teachable moment" I said to him, "These are what peanut butter is made from.  They smoosh them up and it makes peanut butter."  Oh, says Campbell, then he continues to watch cartoons.  Then I notice that he is squeezing the peanut between his fingers.  Surely not, I think.  Sure enough he looks at me and says, "It's not working, Mommy."  Bless his sweet little heart, he was trying to make peanut butter.  Guess I didn't realize how literal a 2 year old is.

Anyway, these are some funny stories from our life lately.  Thanks for the concern about Andrew.  He seems to be doing great--we even had our best night ever last night.  He only woke up once, at 2:00, and got up a little after 6 this morning.  Keep your fingers crossed that this continues because Mommy's been in a fog lately.  

4 Comments:

  • Campbell is such a sweet boy!! I'm glad Andrew is doing better!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 2:01 PM  

  • That is such a sweet story! I hope you get some catch-up sleep soon....

    Leslie Poole Ware

    By Blogger Leslie Ware, at 11:12 PM  

  • LOVE the peanut butter story... so cute!! Glad you got a little sleep. My mom-in-law stayed 2 nights ago, and I awoke to a dream. First dream I've had since Emily was born. This no sleeping is for the birds!! :)

    By Blogger Angie, at 12:14 AM  

  • Even though you may be sleep deprived, at least Campbell can keep you laughing. :)

    By Blogger Angela, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home