sciortino scoop

Sunday, March 09, 2008

winter slightly redeemed

So, when we awoke Saturday morning to a winter wonderland, I could not help but think that winter was trying to redeem itself with me.  After all, I've always loved snow and winter time.  And I have to admit, I enjoyed myself and have to admit that winter has regained a little bit of that "lovin' feeling."  We went over to my friend Sara's mother's house for sledding, and 
we had a blast.  David went down several times, a few times with one of the neighbor's little girls, who is in this picture.  He also went down with 2 other grown men.  Yes, that's right, 3 grown men on 1 unfortunate sled, which did in fact get destroyed in the process.  As David said, 600 pounds might have exceeded the weight limit.  Sadly, I did not get any pictures of David, David Whitfield, and Trent Latta all three piled on the sled, but I believe someone did, so maybe I'll share later.
This next picture is one of my favorites from the day.  David had just dropped poor little Taylor into the snow, literally face first!  I just knew she'd hate him forever, but she actually thought it was funny and forgave him.  That could possibly be because any time she is over here David gives her ANYthing she asks for.  The Lord knew better than to give us a daughter!
This next picture is as close as Campbell got to sledding.  He was not too keen on the whole sailing down the hill thing, so we put him, begrudgingly, onto the sled with Taylor for a photo op.  David then tried to pull them a little, but Campbell wouldn't have it.  He also had a come apart any time David or I went down the hill.  I guess he thought we were going to be hurt.  His favorite part was when he finally got to go inside and drink hot chocolate with Sara's mom, whom he considers his 3rd grandmother.
And last but not least, a token picture of Mommy with Campbell to prove that I was in fact there.  It seems like I'm always the one behind the camera, but someone's got to do it.  
And special gold stars go to my little trouper, Andrew.  He slept the whole time we were out sledding and made it possible for Mommy, Daddy, and brother to enjoy some sledding fun.  Way to go, sweet baby.  Next time, we promise you can join us.  If you got some snow yesterday, I hope you got to enjoy it too.  And don't tell winter that I had so much fun, I'm afraid it will stick around a little while longer!

5 Comments:

  • Cute pics!! Glad you got to enjoy the snow too! I'm hoping it all melts this week though so we can go for a walk!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 2:06 PM  

  • Cute post! I wish you had gotten a pic of the 3 men on the sled.... they never grow up, do they?! :)

    By Blogger Angie, at 6:07 PM  

  • Cute pictures! Glad you all enjoyed the snow. We got 20 inches here and I just don't get excited about snow anymore...definitely a southern girl! :)

    By Blogger Courtney, at 9:09 AM  

  • Glad you guys had fun in the snow!!

    By Blogger Jillina, at 4:01 PM  

  • Great pictures! I wish that we got more snow in Nashville. I think its so fun!!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home